Remember when Dad used to sing this song in one breath and we thought it was the most amazing thing ever! Also, I thought I was being so brave at night when we would have Dad sing "Ghost Riders in the Sky" to us before bed!
(take a deep breath... now sing!)
Oh... I came to a river and I couldn’t get across.
So I jumped on a tigger and I thought it was a horse.
The horse wouldn’t go, so I traded it for a ho.
The ho wouldn’t dig, so I traded it for a pig.
The pig wouldn’t holler, so I traded it for a dollar.
The dollar wouldn’t pass so I threw it in the grass.
The grass wouldn’t grow, so I threw it in the snow.
The snow wouldn’t melt, so I traded it for a belt.
The belt wouldn’t wear, so I traded it for a hare.
The hare wouldn’t run, so I traded it for a gun.
The gun wouldn’t shoot, so I traded it for a boot.
The boot wouldn’t fit so I thought I’d quit!
- Johnny Cash Lyrics
No comments:
Post a Comment